The Natural Disaster Effect: Houston to win the World Series
Cats can’t swim (according to Cody: Shout out Second Podcast), but the Astros can. They are putting an entire city on their backs after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. When the Astros win the world series this year, you can attribute it to the Natural Disaster Effect. By definition (I made this up), the Natural Disaster Effect is the phenomenon of a professional sports franchise to win their league’s championship within 5 years of a natural disaster occurs in that city. It’s been documented throughout modern history including:
- 1989 World Series: Oakland Athletics: Loma Prieta Earthquake rocks (get it) the Bay Area.
- Super Bowl XLIV : New Orleans Saints: Hurricane Katrina floods New Orleans and the recovery process was still underway.
- 2013 World Series: Boston Red Sox: Boston Marathon Bombing creates rise to the phrase Boston Strong
- Super Bowl LI: New England Patriots: NFL Overlord Supreme Roger Goodell uses dictator-like judiciary powers to suspend Tom Brady over an under-inflated ball***
- 2017 World Series: Houston Astros: In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, the Astros kick the shit out of everyone to claim the Commissioner’s Trophy.****
PS: Any team that’s this hot and has a train in their stadium has to win. No one else stands a chance. Foreshadowing like you read about.
***: Only included this because I hate Roger Goodell(Not a Patriot’s fan either)
****:Please Credit On The Pine when this happens.